Released today, 2X Remote Application Server version 11.1 comes with enriched functionality and a simplified licensing. By Giorgio Bonuccelli on | 0
DALLAS, TX, MAY 27th, 2014 — 2X Software, a global leader in virtual desktop and application delivery solutions, today announced the release of the 2X Remote Application Server version 11.1. This is the latest update to 2X Remote Application Server.
“In the past months, we have been working hard to further improve the performance of our flagship product, 2X Remote Application Server. We have implemented many improvements in version 11.1. 2X solutions are created to simplify the daily activity of our customers and we wanted our pricing policy to reflect the same approach. End-user-only based licensing will ensure straightforward pricing. With one year of free upgrade insurance and an unlimited amount of servers, we want to offer everyone an enterprise experience. This is another step in our commitment to stay close to our customers and to help them have a more efficient cloud infrastructure.”
Marketing Director, 2X Software
2X Remote Application Server allows the delivery of virtual desktops and applications from a central location, providing continuous availability, resource-based load balancing, and complete end-to-end network transparency for administrators. This enables vendor-independent virtual desktops and application delivery to users on any device, accessible from anywhere. The results are significant savings on administration and support.
- New Licensing: Simplified pricelist based on concurrent end user only. One year of free upgrade insurance and no limits to the number of server
- Flexible user-based licensing: Ensure better usage of the licenses portfolio in mobile environments. The newly introduced grace period allows customers to better manage license usage peaks.
- Language: Support for Brazilian Portuguese.
- Improved HTLM5 Gateway: HTML5 remote desktop sound redirection on Chrome and Opera; now also supports Safari v7 or higher.
- Improved URL/Email Redirection: URL and email redirection can be enabled to use a new technology which overcomes problems when no Protocol Handler is available.
- Faster universal printing: Speed up the redirection on Universal Printers* and the printing process.
- New Hypervisors supported: Support for Windows 2012 R2 HyperV and Windows 2012 R2 HyperV Cluster.
- Increased security: More security options when deploying applications from 2XOS.
*Only on Windows client
Read more about 2X Remote Application Server
About 2X Software
2X Software is a global leader in virtual desktop and application delivery, remote access, and cloud computing solutions. Thousands of enterprises worldwide trust in the reliability and scalability of 2X products. 2X offers a range of solutions to make every company’s shift to cloud computing simple and affordable. For additional information, visit www.2x.com or contact Giorgio Bonuccelli by email at Giorgio.Bonuccelli@2x.com or by phone at (+356) 2258 3800.