Dallas, TEXAS and London, UK, February 11th, 2015 — Parallels, a global leader in virtual application and mobile device management, today announced the release of Parallels Remote Application Server version 14.
“We are excited about the main new feature of Parallels RAS v14, the reporting engine. This allows customers to monitor their virtual infrastructure, for example by knowing the session usage, licensing inventory and user activity. We have also reinvented the way of working through mobile devices, by allowing end users to print directly from their iOS, Android and Chrome devices.
We have extended the renowned terminal server load balancing technology to the gateway, in order to guarantee high availability and outstanding connection performance to any remote user.
Businesses increasingly demand better technology to support their mobile workforces, to guarantee their employees a great experience with corporate applications. The new release of Parallels Remote Application Server not only increases the flexibility of mobile workspaces for end-users, but also allows companies to monitor and support their remote workforces with the same quality as inside the headquarters.
Gartner forecasts that in 2015 mobile devices will comprise about 80% of the total device market. As mobile devices become the primary devices for many employees, users are demanding that corporate apps have a consistent user experience, irrespective of device.
Parallels RAS v.14 gives companies the ability to provide their mobile workforce with an outstanding experience anytime from anywhere.” Giorgio Bonuccelli Marketing Director, Parallels
Parallels RAS enhances end user experience in the delivery of virtual desktops and applications. It provides continuous availability, through server and network resource-based load balancing. It publishes - on any device - applications and desktops from the major hypervisors: Citrix, VMware and Hyper-V. The flexibility gained results in significant savings on administration costs and support. The RDP clients for Parallels RAS are the best in class on any platform and guarantee an outstanding end user experience, now also enriched with printing. We have streamlined the clients’ setup and configuration with procedures that can be sent by email to the remote users. Centralized reporting makes the IT administration aware of any activity on their infrastructure, allowing them to monitor remote session usage.
Parallels RAS v.14 – New Features
- Added outstanding reporting engine for comprehensive monitoring activity on your farm.
- Added an innovative network load balancer to manage inbound connections.
- Streamlined client setup procedure with invitation email and automatic client configuration.
- Improved reliability for RDP connection on Windows clients using UDP protocol tunneling for better performance, even with a slow connection or high latency.
- Firewall friendly desktop shadowing. Further simplification in desktop management: automatic firewall client setting and updated graphical user interface.
- It is now possible to redirect Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) enabled devices.
- Improved scanning redirection for TWAIN.
- Printing redirection enhanced for mobile devices (Android, iOS, HTML5 Gateway, Chrome App).
- Enterprise administrator monitoring: allows administrators to trace recent activity and ownership for settings and objects such as terminal servers, policies, etc.
- Internet Protocol version 6 ready.
Parallels, formerly 2X Software is a global leader in virtual desktop, application delivery and mobile device management solutions. Thousands of organizations worldwide trust in the reliability and scalability of Parallels products. Parallels offers a range of solutions to make every organization’s shift to cloud computing simple and affordable.The company’s product line includes the award-winning Parallels Remote Application Server (Parallels RAS), providing platform-independent virtual desktop, application delivery and integrated thin client management from a single software package to any modern operating system, as well as to mobile devices including smartphones and tablets. Parallels Mobile Device Manager (Parallels MDM) offers a complementary (or standalone) solution that enables Parallels’s customers to monitor and manage corporate and employee-owned mobile devices. With Parallels MDM, customers can track their devices and remotely lock or delete data if a device is lost or stolen. Organizations can also monitor mobile devices for malware and remove inappropriate apps. For additional information, visit www.2x.com or contact Giorgio Bonuccelli by email (Giorgio.Bonuccelli@2x.com) or phone (+356 2258 3800).