The 2X MDM app (or client) installs on your Android smartphone or tablet as a "Device Administrator" type of application. The app is necessary as it allows security-driven functionality, find and track, app deployment and other 2X MDM features to work on your Android devices.
If you no longer want to manage one of your registered Android devices, it may become necessary to remove the 2X MDM client from the device.
Removing 2X MDM is a 2-stage process:
- Removing "Device Administrator" rights for 2X MDM on your Android device.
- Uninstalling the 2X MDM client
Step 1: Remove "Device Administrator" Rights for 2X MDM
- From your home page, press the menu button, and select the "Settings" option.
- Select the "Location and Security" option.
- Scroll down to the "Device administration" section and select the "Select device administrators" option.
- In the "Device administrators" list, select "2X MDM".
- Select the "Deactivate" button.
- To confirm deactivation, select the "OK" button.
- 2X MDM Client deactivation is now complete.
Step 2: Uninstalling the 2X MDM Client
- From your home page, press the Menu button, and click the "Settings" option.
- Select the "Applications" option.
- If the 2X MDM is still running, select the "Force Stop" button.
- Now select the "Uninstall" button.
- To confirm that you wish to uninstall, select the "OK" button
- This completes the uninstall procedure.