The Sales Engineer will be responsible for supporting sales and closing revenue from mainly our award winning Parallels Desktop for Mac products in the Business segment. In addition to the Parallels Desktop business segment, technical sales assistance for remote application servers of Parallels Remote Application Server and Parallels Mac Management for SCCM of Windows System Center plug-in product. The candidate must speak fluent English to exchange technical information for internal technical sections and resellers in Korea. Prior experience in pre-sales support roles focused on academic institutions is a plus. This role is based in the Tokyo.
- Work closely with Account Management, Support, and Marketing to close business deals by technical assistance.
- Engage in technical discussions with potential clients, demonstrations and presentations.
- Related in products releasing in localization and related to post-support aspects.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in the B2B infrastructure and e-commerce industries.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Candidates will have a degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Work experience should include a minimum of 2 years in a sales support role
- Prior experience in pre-sales support roles focused on academic institutions and sales distribution is a plus
- Knowledge of Apple computers and software would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent English communication skills are required, both written and oral.
- Superior knowledge of accessing and using the Internet, HTML, and MS Office tools; knowledge of computer systems, communication tools and software such as Windows NT, FTP, HTTPS, SMTP, Internet Security, and delimited file formats.
- Good time management and ability to work on their own at times
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus