You are very experienced in Linux based development. You have used to develop a lot in your life. Now you most probably become a Senior Developer or a Team Leader in your company. You are still doing some development though. Actually a lot! GitHub profile, working with community, having a blog and you are developing tools to speed up the development of other tools development. Alas you don’t have much time to invest in all the very great ideas you have.
If this challenge doesn’t let you sleep well. If you believe that you are ready to change the way developers around the world do their job. Then Parallels has a career opportunity for you.
The Program Manager will:
- Provide leadership to manage product initiatives and activities.
- Build, maintain and execute product vision, value proposition, roadmap, product features.
- Communicate the plan, features, roadmap, findings to the management team
- Ensure that product objectives are in line with corporate objectives.
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Be on the edge of software development technologies, technics, tools, news, buzz
- Understand the pain points of developers today
- Communicate with users to get feedback
- Organize beta programs
- Provide trainings on new product features to support, marketing and sales teams
- Manage product risks proactively and put a plan in place for effective disaster recovery.
- Travel up to 25% of the time internationally.
- Have five or more years of relevant experience in the software development roles.
- Web development (some): Angular.js, React.js, Node.js, NoSQL
- Development tools experience (some): GitHub, Atom.io, JetBrains IDEs, Eclipse, Sublime
- DevOps experience (some): Vagrant, Packer, Otto, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Virtualization experience (some): VirtualBox, VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion
- Hosting and deployment: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, DigitalOcean, SoftLayer
- Advanced English, at least comfortable writing skills.
- Being a developer evangelist is a plus
- Experience of working with open source developer community is a plus
- Program/Product management experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Parallels Desktop for Mac product is a plus
- Employment package pursuant to the Labor Code of Russia
- Medical and dental insurance
- Free lunch provided by the company.
- Coffee points and free fruits, nuts and cookies
- Compatative compensation and benefits
- Hours of work: from 10 AM to 7 PM, Monday through Friday.