Parallels Sphera SDL Bind Update Release Notes
- System requirements
- Installation Instructions
- What's New
- Contact Information
This document describes Parallels Sphera SDL bind-libs and bind-utils update procedure based on bind 9.2.4-30.el4.
For more bind info please refer to vendors site at http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/
2. System requirements
- Sphera SDL version 4.1 UP1
- 'DomainDirector_3_7_UP2-i11.shar' update installed
- 'DomainDirector_UP2_update-Enables_upgrading_Bind_Binaries_using_Red_Hat_RPMs' update installed
3. Installation Instructions
I. Prepare for the installation
- Read RPM Tool user Guide
before using 'sd_rpm_manager'tool:
NOTE: The document is for SDL 3.7 version. Some files, paths, and parameters may be outdated.
- Check configuration for the sd_rpm_manager tool which is stored in 'sd_rpm_manager.conf' file.
It is usually located in /etc/opt/sphera/sphera.repository/conf directory, but location depends on the local Sphera installation.
II. Update Bind Package on the Host
- Stop named:
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/Snamed_dm stop
- Stop ServerDirector
- Update bind (bind in general, bind-libs and bind-utils) packages to 9.2.4-30.el4 on the host
- Make sure that bind, bind-libs and bind-utils packages v.9.2.4-30.el4 are present in the location
referred by the rpm_url variable of the sd_rpm_manager.conf configuration file.
III. Update Bind Package for VDS
- Run bind update:
# <SDL_DIR>/bin/sd_rpm_manager --upgrade bind-libs-9.2.4-30.el4 bind-utils-9.2.4-30.el4
Where <SDL_DIR> - directory where SDL is installed. The directory is specified during Hosting Director installation. By default: /opt/hostdir
- Start ServerDirector
- Start named:
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/Snamed_dm start
4. What's New
[*] updates and improvements
5. Contact Information
500 SW 39th Street
Renton, WA 98057
Phone: +1 (425) 282 6400
Fax: +1 (425) 282 6444
For billing information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To report problems with Parallels software, submit feedback
For information on career opportunities with Parallels, email
For press contact information, email email@example.com
For information about becoming a Partner, email
For information on translating into your language, email
For general product information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
©Copyright 2008 Parallels. All rights reserved.