A commercially minded Technical Sales Consultant with the primary role to engage with customers and prospective customers on the phone and face to face. Responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. Working in close partnership with the sales team to ensure customer technical requirements are met and sales targets are achieved.
The role is to articulate and product position Parallels award winning technology to technical decision makers in the sales cycle so Parallels solution is the recommended solution. The person hired must be able to identify all technical requirements with assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
The Parallels Business Solutions include Parallels Desktop Enterprise solution which is the ability to run Windows Virtualization on Mac’s; Parallels Mac Management solution that allows Mac’s to be managed within SCCM and Parallels Access the ability to control remote desktops from both Apple and Android devices.
- Creation and delivery of technical product presentations
- Representing Parallels products to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Technical customer trainings
- Internal technical trainings for Parallels’ employees
- Pre Sales Customer Service
- Pre Sales Technical Support
- Attend company training seminars to become familiar with products
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Maintaining records of customer communication and sales activity in our CRM and established internal communication systems
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements - speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs
- Searching for new clients who might benefit from company products or services
- Provide feedback to Product Management on market trends and customer requests enabling continuous product improvement
Preferred qualifications and background
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a “customer facing” environment such as sales or technical consulting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Educated to degree standard
- German and English Language skills a must with an additional benefit to speak either Spanish/French or Italian.
- Develop and maintain excellent relevant technical skills
- Work with reseller sales and engineering resources to build relationships with enterprise customers’ technical leadership
- Ideally experience with Mac OS X and iOS and mobile device management
- Ideally experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager/ active directory
- Experience in working closely in a successful sales team environment
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Experience in support or consulting
- Must be willing to travel to approximately 30%