In most cases, Parallels Automation solutions include software installation services. Parallels professional services team members are able to deploy the Parallels Automation software as well as some software (such as Microsoft Hosted Messaging and Collaboration) that are related to service delivery.
Standard Deployment Phases
Parallels Automation customers receive the benefits of a well defined deployment and acceptance process. The main steps of this process are provided below.
- Analysis, design, and planning
- Project owner assignment
- Define integration points (applications, information, flow, owners, protocols)
- Define migration requirements
- Define additional product functionality/capabilities needed
- Define adjustments to existing product functionality/capabilities
- Analysis of third party applications to be packaged with solution
- Determination of visual/GUI customizations with priority ordering and weighting
- Identification of risks to mitigate as well as escalation paths
At the end of the analysis and design phase, Parallels and the customer will have agreed to a design document or list of features that has been created by Parallels. The pricing and estimated delivery times will have been defined and agreed.
- Development of missing functionality
- Development of adjusted functionality
- Development required for integration with existing systems
Development will be done in accordance with agreements made during the analysis and design phase.
- Deployment of system (see Implementation Task Details below)
- Customization of brands, service plans, ordering portals, etc.
- Comprehensive testing of built system including checklists, test cases, and a security review
- Acceptance and training
- Customer accepts system
- Parallels trains customers on use of system
- Joint launch activities executed
At the end of the deployment process, Parallels provides customers with a working system that is ready to begin enrolling customers. Once the system is in production, the customer maintains the system and seeks support from Parallels as necessary.
Implementation Task Details
During the implementation phase there are several tasks divided between Parallels and the customer.
- Purchase hardware (Parallels can provide recommendations and capacity
- Acquire IP addresses, power, and Internet
- Obtain appropriate software licenses
- Install the operating systems
- Complete the Parallels pre-installation checklist
- Recommend architecture
- Install service specific software (such as HMC and Exchange)
- Install Parallels Automation software
- Perform system configuration
- Customize ordering portal or storefront
- Customize service plans
- Customize branding (supplied by customer)
- Train customer on system operation
- Develop marketing plan for services
- Work together to define launch activities