Most Widely Used Control Panel Upgraded with Over 50 Valuable Features Including
New Interface, Plesk Anti-Virus Powered by Dr.Web®, Auto Upgrade, Automated Key Update System and a Complete Migration Manager
Herndon, VA — June 28, 2004 – SWsoft, the established leader in hosting automation and server virtualization software, today announced Plesk 7 Reloaded Beta is now available to download at http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/plesk/plesk7reloaded/beta/. Introduced in February 2004, Plesk 7, the industry’s leading control panel software, has been significantly upgraded with over 50 new features and is expected to be available in July 2004.
"Plesk 7 Reloaded takes a major leap forward by giving our customers more control of their hosting business that is easier to use and painlessly migrates accounts from previous Plesk versions, any in house systems, or customers using cPanel, Ensim, Cobalt," said Kurt Daniel, director of marketing, SWsoft. "SWsoft remains at the forefront of the global hosting industry by providing solutions that are constantly enhanced with customer requested improvements that focus on security, simplicity and openness to do what our clients’ business demands. We are excited to give our customers yet another solution to upgrade their service offerings and become even more profitable."
Plesk 7 Reloaded Serves Up 50 New Features
Selected by 8 of the top 10 U.S. service providers and by the top five European service providers, the Plesk control panel dramatically simplifies the management of UNIX, Linux, and Windows-based servers. Proven through years of professional production usage, Plesk is considered the industry benchmark for managing dedicated and shared single server environments.
Plesk 7 Reloaded was designed and developed using several key themes important to hosting service providers.
- Fully Reloaded — Low total cost of ownership and increased convenience through key auto update, auto component update, migration manager, Web-based installation and backup enhancements.
- Interface — Cleaner and easier interface and ability to design custom skins. Administration panel is now a client of the system and can act as the default client for the entire system making shared hosting setup even easier.
- Secure — Addressing security as a key management hurdle, a light version of the Dr.Web AntiVirus filtering program is included in the default installation of Plesk. Administrators can add Chrooted shell accounts as an option to the list of shells allowed for clients. When selected, the client will be jailed in the domain’s directory when accessing the server and his/her domain via SSH.
- Global — Enabling Plesk use for more customers in more countries with more languages, Reloaded includes complete international language packs, support for the International Domain Naming conventions and their characters, and a new UTF8 interface redesign that will recognize characters from any native language of the users’ choice.
- Open — Providing opportunities for providers to differentiate and ready for third parties, Plesk is now more extendable with add/save skins, buttons, application packs, XMLRPC/SOAP and better creation utilities along with dedicated developer support.
- Up-sell — Increased profitability from your customer base by setting application vault permissions for access to Web editor software, anti-virus, anti-Spam, helpdesk, event manager and more.
- Complete — The most feature rich control panel available is now even more complete with incredibly over 50+ new features, including a browser-based install, global operations for mail names, site preview, event manager interface, ftp welcome message, rename hostname and more.
- VPS Integration — Two times better density and performance through Virtuozzo integration of a power panel on the same port with the same IP and credentials.
Download and Test Drive Plesk 7 Reloaded Today
To participate in SWsoft's beta testing program visit http://www.sw-soft.com/products/plesk7reloaded/beta/
SWsoft is the recognized leader in automation and server virtualization software for hosting service companies, communications providers, and enterprises. The company powers more than 50,000 servers for customers in over 100 countries. SWsoft's products deliver industry-leading performance, stability and manageability for its customers to increase utilization of their limited IT resources. Headquartered in Herndon, VA, with offices around the world; SWsoft is a privately held, profitable company, offering comprehensive solutions including: Plesk, Virtuozzo, PEM, HSPcomplete, and Confixx. For more information about SWsoft, visit www.sw-soft.com.