Plesk 7 Reloaded Now Available to Hosting Companies Worldwide
Major New Version Launched with New Interface, Plesk AntiVirus by Dr. Web®, Auto Upgrade, Migration Manager and More
Herndon, VA — July 15, 2004 – Today, SWsoft, the established leader in hosting automation and server virtualization software, announced the full production release of Plesk 7 Reloaded. Plesk 7 Reloaded is a major product release that incorporates suggestions and feedback from hundreds of customers and Beta testers worldwide. The award-winning control panel offers more than 50 new powerful features for hosting providers and end users alike.
“This latest version of Plesk focuses on vital enhancements that our community has demanded but are not available through other control panels on the market,” Travis Schaffner, CTO, Fastservers.net. “Plesk 7 Reloaded takes a giant step forward in overall scalability and compatibility with our system, and we're looking forward to an increasing presence of Reloaded in our production environments."
Switching to Plesk Now Easier Than Ever
Used by more hosting service providers than any other control panel software, Plesk 7 and now Plesk Reloaded dramatically simplify the management of Linux, FreeBSD, UNIX and Windows servers. With Plesk 7 Reloaded’s built-in and fully functional Migration Manager, hosting providers can painlessly migrate from older versions of Plesk, in-house systems and cPanel, Ensim or Cobalt control panels.
“One of our core strengths has always been our development team constantly retooling and reloading our solutions with new capabilities and rigorously testing them,” said Kurt Daniel, director of marketing, SWsoft. “Plesk 7 Reloaded provides an even cleaner and easier to use interface, Plesk Anti-Virus powered by the award-winning Dr. Web, the highly anticipated Auto Upgrade component and a host of other features. In addition, hosting providers can take advantage of deeper integration with our other products such as Virtuozzo and HSPcomplete.”
What You See is Exactly What You Get with Plesk 7 Reloaded
The Plesk 7 Reloaded release delivers the following capabilities and benefits:
- Reloaded — Lower total cost of ownership through key auto update, auto component update, migration manager, Web-based installation and backup enhancements.
- Interface — Cleaner and easier to use interface with two new ’XP Reloaded’ and ’Aqua’ skins, ability to design custom skins, improved event manager and mail user interfaces, and the Admin is now a client of the system.
- Open — Offers opportunities for providers to differentiate and be ready for third parties; Plesk is now more extendable with add/save skins, buttons, application packs, XMLRPC/SOAP and better creation utilities along with dedicated developer support.
- Secure — Addressing security as a key management hurdle, Plesk Anti-Virus by Dr. Web is included in the default installation of Plesk, administrators can add chrooted shell accounts as an option for clients and jail them in their domain directories, and auto upgrade delivers increased security through easier upgrades and updates.
- Global — Enabling broader Plesk use, Reloaded offers different default languages to be selected during install, complete international language packs, support for International Domain Naming conventions and characters, and a UTF8 interface redesign that will recognize characters from any native language..
- Up-sell — Increased profitability from your customer base by wider support of applications, including Web editor software, anti-virus, anti-spam, helpdesk, event manager and more..
- Complete — The most feature rich control panel available is now even more complete with over 50+ new features, including a browser-based install, global operations for mailnames, site preview, event manager interface, ftp welcome message, rename hostname and more..
- VPS Integration — Two times better density and performance of Virtuozzo VPS through transparent integration with Plesk, including a Power Panel on the same port with same IP and credentials and appearing as an integral part of the Plesk Interface..
Download Instructions and Plesk 7 Reloaded Requirements
Customers can take advantage of Plesk 7 Reloaded immediately. For a full list of the 50+ features, system requirements, purchase options and download instructions, visit Plesk page.
SWsoft is the recognized leader in automation and server virtualization software for hosting service companies, communications providers, and enterprises. The company powers more than 50,000 servers for customers in over 100 countries. SWsoft's products deliver industry-leading performance, stability and manageability for its customers to increase utilization of their limited IT resources. Headquartered in Herndon, VA, with offices around the world; SWsoft is a privately held, profitable company, offering comprehensive solutions including: Plesk, Virtuozzo, PEM, HSPcomplete, and Confixx. For more information about SWsoft, visit www.sw-soft.com.