Parallels Business Automation Standard 4.1 Beta Program
At Parallels, we’re always searching for fresh approaches that will help us create best-of-breed solutions. We test our products thoroughly in our own labs before releasing them, but we need feedback from you, our partners, to ensure that our solution meets your expectations. That’s why we look to you to help us kick the tires of our latest preproduction solutions by testing them in your own environment. Your real-world experience is vital to the success of our production-quality product.
So please accept our invitation to use the beta release of Parallels Business Automation Standard 4.1 and then share your feedback with us. You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you contributed directly to making our product better—and an early opportunity to see what’s coming.
We thank you in advance for participating in this program. The information below will help you get started.
- Parallels Viztuozzo Containers 4.6 support. The beta version of Parallels Business Automation Standard 4.1 Beta can now manage Parallels Virtuozzo Containers (PVC) 4.6 both for Linux and Windows.
- IPv6 support. This beta version provides ability to provision Plesk Domains, Plesk Clients and Parallels Containers with IPv6 addresses. Vendor can configure and manage IP pools for IPv6 addresses. IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are configured as different resources in hosting plans and can be provided either together or separately. IPv6 DNS records are now supported by PBAS.
- Consolidated Invoices for recurring orders. Consolidated invoice allows collecting a number of invoices into a single invoice. This optimizes payments and allows provider to reduce cost if commission is withdrawn for transactions. It also reduces audit expenses. A consolidated invoice is generated at the end of billing period and contains items of:
- Invoices for recurring orders
- Invoices for overuse (if hosting plan or account is not changed)
- Invoices generated for reseller according to reseller sales
- Tokenization support. The beta version of Parallels Business Automation Standard 4.1 now supports token payment methods. Tokenization is a technology that replaces a credit card number with a token in a transaction. The token is supposed to prevent the theft of the credit card number during transmission and storage of a transaction. Tokenization simplifies the requirements of the PCI DSS, as system that no longer stores or processes sensitive data is removed from the scope of the PCI audit.
The feature is currently supported by two payment plug-ins: SagePay (former Protx) and PayPal.
- Management Node OS Requirements. Standard configuration of one of the following:
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 5.x
- CentOS 5.x
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
- Management Node Hardware Configuration:
- IBM PC-compatible computer with 2 GHz (or higher) Intel Celeron, Pentium, or AMD Athlon CPU
- At least 2 GB of RAM
- At least 40 GB of total disk space
NOTE: We highly recommend installing Parallels Business Automation inside a VirtuozzoContainer to simplify backups, monitoring, migration, and ensure high availability.
- Hosting Server Requirements:
- Parallels Virtuozzo Containers Linux — 3.0 release or later
- Parallels Virtuozzo Containers Windows — 3.0 release or later
- Plesk Control Panel for Linux/UNIX — 7.5.4 or later
- Plesk Control Panel for Windows — 7.5.6 or later
- PleskSitebuilder for Linux/Unix — 2.1.1 or later
- PleskSitebuilder for Windows — 2.0.x, 3.2.1 or later
- Parallels Server Bare Metal - build 697.5612 or later
- Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 - build 4.0.10294 or later
- Browser Requirements:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and above
- Netscape Navigator 7.0 and above
- Opera 7.5.3 and above
- Mozilla 1.5 and above
- Firefox 1.0 and above
- Safari 1.0 and above
NOTE: Session and permanent cookies in your browser should be enabled.
To install the beta version of Parallels Business Automation Standard 4.1 Beta, follow Parallels Business Automation Standard Installation Guide
|Getting Started Guide|
|Advanced Configuration Manual|
|MyCP User's Guide|
- This beta version is for evaluation purpose only. Thus, upgrade of existing production installations to this version is not allowed. In order to upgrade a staging environment, please contact Parallels support to obtain an upgrade code.
- To be able to provision Parallels Containers with IPv6 addresses, Parallels Virtual Automation 4.6.3 should be installed on Parallels Virtuozzo Containers node.
- To be able to provision Plesk Domains and Plesk Clients with IPv6 addresses you should have Plesk Control Panel 10.2 with latest micro-updates installed.