- What is PTN?
- Who is eligible for PTN?
- What are the benefits of PTN?
- How is the PTN development software licensed?
- Can these licenses be used in any production environment?
- What restrictions are placed on the development licenses?
- Where can I give feedback regarding PTN?
What is PTN?
Parallels Technology Network (PTN) is dedicated community portal designed to provide assistance to Parallels products’ users and developers who want to integrate own software with them as well as all those who want to customize and extend current products’ functionality. The main purpose of PTN is to provide single access point for all information, documentation and tools available as parts of Parallels Open Platform.
Who is eligible for PTN?
Anyone interested in using, developing, testing, or integrating their solution with the Parallels product line is free to join PTN. By filling out the registration form you will be given access to the restricted areas.
What are the benefits of PTN?
PTN has many benefits including but not limited to:
- Forums: PTN members will have access to community discussion forums where they can interact and share information with other users and Parallels engineers.
- Virtual Appliances: A lot of virtual appliances are available for Parallels virtualization products. The most part of them are free and can be downloaded directly from PTN.
- Development Licenses: PTN members are entitled to developer licenses of the entire Parallels product line.
- Technical Documentation: PTN includes all related technical documentation including API specifications, technical manuals, and integration specifications.
- Knowledgebase: PTN members will have access to the Parallels knowledgebase.
How is the PTN development software licensed?
The licenses for all products are valid for 60 days. Before the licenses expire, new licenses will be posted in the download page.
Can these licenses be used in any production environment?
The full supplemental EULA outlines the acceptable uses of our development licenses:
- Development licenses are meant for development and testing environments only
- No Development Licenses can be used in any production environment
- Development Licenses may not be distributed to anyone outside of your company
For clarifications and questions regarding PTN licensing and acceptable uses, contact us
What restrictions are placed on the development licenses?
The table below describes the restrictions that will be placed on the software:
|Parallels Virtuozzo Containers||2 VE’s, 2 CPU, VZCC, VZPP|
|Parallels Business Automation||2 Providers, 2 Resellers, 10 Customers|
|Parallels Plesk Panel||5 Domains|
|Parallels SMB Panel||5 Users|
|Parallels Plesk Expand||3 Managed Servers, 1 Central DNS, 1 Central Mailserver, 1 Central DB|
|Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder for Linux/Unix||10 Sites, Multiserver|
|Parallels Pro Control Panel||20 Sites|
In certain conditions, we can authorize special licenses. You can request such licenses using our feedback form.
Where can I give feedback regarding PTN?
We will be glad to hear from you. Please use this form to send PTN Team your feedback.