Customizing Language Pack Files
You can edit the existing messages and other text information displayed in User Interface for a certain language. You may also add localization for your custom menu items created in POA to the Language pack files.
To customize a Language pack file, perform the following steps:
- Go to Top > System Director > Configuration Manager > Internationalization & Localization.
- Click the name of the locale you wish to customize the entries for.
- Download the Language pack file you wish to customize.
- To customize a file from a standard POA LP package, move to the Source Local Files tab and click the Download link for the file you wish to customize.
- To customize a file from your custom Language pack, move to the Customized Locale Files tab and click the Download link for the file you wish to customize.
- Save the file in your local file system.
- Edit the saved file as desired.
The structure of the locale entries in the XML file is as follows:
<phrase>Ajouter un nouveau produit</phrase>
To edit the file, perform either of the operations:
- To edit a locale entry, replace the value in the
<phrase> field with the desired value.
- To add a new entry to the locale, add an entry unit in the same format in any part of the file, specify the locale key in the
<keyword> field and the key value in the
- Save the file.
- Move to the Customized Local Files tab on the locale management screen in POA.
- Click Add, browse for the edited file and click Submit.
The changes you have made will be visible at your next login to the system.