Executing Public API Methods with curl Utility
This section describes how to execute POA Public API methods using the curl utility.
Note: The curl utility for Windows-based hosts can be obtained from the http://curl.haxx.se web site. For Linux-based hosts the curl utility is available in the OS distribution.
- Log in to the host where the curl utility is installed.
- Create a file and insert the required XML-RPC request into it. Signatures of POA Public API methods are provided in the Public API Reference section.
- Execute the following command:
# curl -k -d@FILE PROTOCOL://LOGIN:PASSWORD@IP_ADDRESS:PORT
- FILE - Path to the file that contains the XML-RPC request.
- PROTOCOL - Protocol used to connect to the POA XML-RPC server (http or https).
- PASSWORD and LOGIN - Credentials of a Staff Member belonging to the POA Provider's/Reseller's Account.
- IP_ADDRESS - The IP Address of the POA XML-RPC server.
- PORT - Port number of the POA XML-RPC server (8440 is default port).
# curl -k -d@/root/pem.addAccount.xml https://login:firstname.lastname@example.org:8440
# curl -k -d@/root/pem.addAccount.xml https://22.214.171.124:8440
# curl -k -d@/root/pem.addAccount.xml http://126.96.36.199:8440