The Parallels Tech Guarantee has ended as of October 31st, 2013 for eligible purchases. Upgrade requests were accepted through November 15th, 2013. Please visit our online store if you wish to purchase a copy of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac.
The conditions covering eligibility for an upgrade included:
- Upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop at no additional cost if you purchased Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac between August 15th, 2013 and October 31st 2013.
- Must be a qualifying product as mentioned in #1 below. Not qualifying products are mentioned in #2
- Must be purchased from an authorized retailer. Not authorized retailers are specified in #3
1. The following Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac products qualified for the Tech Guarantee:
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Full Version
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Upgrade
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Student License
- Parallels Desktop 8 Switch to Mac Edition
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac - SD card
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac OEM Version when either purchased together with hardware or other approved software products. Customer must supply proof of purchase of hardware/software when requesting their free of charge upgrade.
2. The following Parallels Desktop for Mac products did not qualify for the Tech Guarantee:
- Trial versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac
- Licenses sold under the Volume License Program including PIK/PIKA and Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition Licenses
- Not-for-resale (NFR) versions
- OEM Versions that are purchased unlawfully without hardware or qualifying software
- Parallels Desktop for Mac versions purchased before August 15th 2013
3. Not authorized retailers and reseller include but not limited to:
Products purchased on eBay, Amazon Marketplace and sources that are not Parallels authorized resellers. For more information please visit: