Achieve Parallels Certifications and provide proof to both your employer and your customers that you have the skills needed to expertly administer and support Parallels products. Certification gives your customers confidence in the depth of your knowledge and skills, increases your value to your company and helps you advance your career.
Parallels Certification — two levels and two tracks
If you’re interested in obtaining Parallels Certification, your first step is to determine which level of certification you’d like to pursue. Parallels offers two levels of certification:
- Parallels Certified Professional
- Parallels Certified Engineer
Please note that Professional level certification is a pre-requisite for achieving Engineer level certification.
At each level, you can choose between two certification tracks:
Automation Become certified in Parallels automation products.
Virtualization Become certified in Parallels virtualization products.
How do you get certified?
You achieve certification by taking the relevant Parallels training course and passing the exam with a score of 70% or higher.
The steps to achieve certification are:
- Determine the certification track you would like to pursue – Automation or Virtualization – and select the product on which you would like to get certified.
- Take appropriate training course(s) for the level at which you’d like to be certified. Please note that Professional level certification is a pre-requisite for achieving Engineer level certification.
- Successfully pass the Parallels Certification exam.
See either Automation or Virtualization to learn which courses are required to achieve Professional and Engineer certification for products in that track.
How do you sign up for the exam, and what should you expect?
The exams are delivered online via Webex Training Center. Exam questions are a combination of true/false multiple choice, and written responses.
You can sign up for the certification exams by contacting your Parallels Account Manager or by contacting a training representative via the link below. The cost is $60 per exam for each person.
What is tested on the exam?
In order to achieve certification in a particular Parallels product, you’ll be expected to understand:
- Product architecture
- Feature set
- Basic operations
- Resource management
How certification helps you
With your Parallels Certification credentials, you’ll:
- Gain recognition as a Parallels expert. The Parallels certified logo and web site badges validate your expertise, and demonstrate you’re a leader in hosting and Cloud computing.
- Increase your worth to your employer. By offering proof of your in-depth knowledge of Parallels products, your credentials enable you to advance your Cloud computing career and increase your earning potential.
- Become part of an elite community. You’ll be authorized to participate in expert Parallels forums and to network with the industry’s leading gurus in automation and virtualization technology.
How certification helps your employer
Having certified staff on board will contribute to your company’s success as a provider of automation and virtualization Cloud services. By certifying your staff, you will:
- Increase their knowledge and skills. Your staff will become self-sufficient experts in Parallels products, capable of expertly supporting both your own automation and virtualization systems and those of your customers.
- Enhance customer satisfaction. Your customers will have higher confidence in your staff’s expertise when it’s validated with certification credentials.
- Reduce employee turnover. Employees who are able to advance their careers by obtaining certification credentials are more likely to stay with your company.
- Gain direct access to Tier 2 support. Certified Engineer level staff can go straight to a Tier 2 Parallels support specialist when they have a question.
Opt-Out Certification Testing
If you already have a strong Parallels skill set, you may register just for certification testing (no training classes) for a fee of $60 per test. Please note: while opt-out testing may be a viable option for our administration-level courses, we strongly recommend attending advanced-level courses before testing for Parallels Certified Engineer credentials.
Questions? Contact a