Custom Class Registration
Open Enrollment Schedule
Duration: 4 hours
Course materials: Student’s Guide
This course is intended for Independent Software Developers (ISV) who want to package applications according with Application Packaging Standard (APS) as well as for hosting providers wish to deliver applications with Software-as-a-Service (SAAS) business model. After completion of the course attendees will be able to:
- Understand how SAAS business model works with APS
- Package web applications with APS standard
- Deploy an APS package in the Parallels Automation (PA) hosting platform
- Provision an APS package
- Understand how APS works with external applications (services)
- Determine the difference between web applications and external applications
- Create provisioning scripts
- Perform an application up-sell
- Integrate an application with Service Users, Domains, Mailboxes etc
- Get statistics of an application resource usage
- Create APS packages with the GUI tool
- Understand what is the APS Certification
Who will benefit from this course
The training is useful for hosting providers that want to sell applications as services and for technical specialists deal with full application life cycle, including creation of APS packages, deployment APS packages to a hosting platform, provision APS packages.
To complete this course attendees should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Configure POA resource types, service templates
- Apply provision attributes to resource types
- Create subscriptions in PBA
- Create customers and service users in POA
- Navigate in POA Customer Control Panel
The attendees should be familiar with the following general subjects:
- PHP scripting language
- Hosting technologies
To meet the above prerequisites it is recommended to attend the Parallels authorized course “Parallels Operations Automation Administration” prior to attending this one.
- Simple Integration
APS overview. SAAS business model. Application/service delivery with APS. SAAS application life-cycle. APS package structure. Application provisioning types. Application in Parallels Automation. Packaging “Hello World” application. “Hello World” deployment. “Hello World” provisioning.
- Packaging External Applications
External application. External application vs. “Hello World”. Packaging external application. Deployment external application. Provisioning external application.
- Advanced Integration
Application up-sell. Advanced provisioning operations. Integration with domains. Integration with service users. Integration with mailboxes. Integration with licenses. Resource usage.
APS tools. APS plug-in for Eclipse. APSLint utility. APS certification.
Not included in the course. Applicable for on-site training only.
Questions? Contact a