Below is a sample of current opportunities that are available (based in Moscow):
Technical Support engineer
- Provide technical support for Parallels products
- Respond to customers and prospective customers inquiries (via request tracker, phone, social media)
- Contribute to the Knowledge Base (http://kb.parallels.com)
- Collaborate with the Engineering team
- Meet the required goals and KPI’s
- Fluent knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to learn quickly, understand and explain technical information
- Willingness to learn and to stay up-to-date on the latest technologies in direct relation to and beyond the scope of work
- Excellent communication skills and high stress tolerance
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good team player
- Degree in Informational Technologies, mathematics or physics are preferable1+ year of experience as an IT customer service professional or in IT administration
- Work experience with:
- Windows Server, Android, iOS, Mac
- Virtualization (VMware, Microsoft, Hyper-V),
- Microsoft platform network services (DNS, DHCP, PKI and other), Active Directory, IIS
- Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP basics, routing, switching and other)
- MCITP, CompTIA Network+ and CCNA certifications are a plus
- Fixed shifts: two night shifts and two day shifts a week
- Employment package pursuant to the Labor Code of Russian Federation: compulsory health insurance, 28 days of paid vacation annually
- Declared salary, including compensation for sick leaves
- Working shifts on public holidays paid according to the Labor Code of Russian Federation
- Best performing engineers recognition awards twice a year
- Free day and night meals
- Coffee points and free fruits, nuts and cookies
- Gym discount, table tennis, volleyball and football teams
Parallels VDI is a solution for deploying and managing a high-density virtual desktop infrastructure. Parallels VDI is based on the Virtuozzo Windows Containers and Virtuozzo Platform OS virtualization technologies.
List of some features:
Parallels VDI enables centralized management of desktops: administrator can create desktop pools with a predefined maximum number of desktops, set behavior and access policies, and assign Active Directory users and groups to desktops and pools accordingly. Administrator can perform basic operations with desktops, including starting, stopping, migrating, redeploying, enabling and disabling as well as actions on user connect or disconnect. Host load balancing enables optimal deployment of desktops on virtualization hosts based on current load.
The SSL gateway enables user access to Parallels VDI from outside of the demilitarized zone.
Logging of tasks, events, and power states.
Passthrough of audio, printers and other devices from client’s machine to their desktop.
Control over client devices’ access to Parallels VDI.
Users authenticated by login\password or by RSA or GOST certificate placed on a smartcard.
- Testing scenarios development
- Testing new functionalities
- Regression testing
- UI and localization testing
- Research and verification
- Product and testing analysis
- Third-party apps testing
- Ability to configure complex testing environment (windows\linux; server\desktop)
- Cross-platform testing.
- Understanding of Quality Assurance:
- Bug life-cycle understanding;
- QA methods
- QA cycles
- Linux advanced user skills (shell/scripts)
- Understanding of client/server technologies
- Basic network skills (TCP/IP stack, Routing, IPv4, Firewall)
- Troubleshooting OS and networking problems
- Basic knowledge of programming (bash, Python) is a plus
- Good knowledge of English language
Senior Corporate Commercial Lawyer
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a fast-paced legal environment, in both a major law firm and an in-house legal department, with at least 4 years of that experience in technology and commercial transactions.
- Strong academic credentials including a JD or LLB degree from a top law school is required and good standing in the Russian bar (advocate), as well as in the bar of another jurisdiction, is preferred. Understanding of and experience in both common and civil law jurisdictions preferred.
- An understanding and demonstrated ability to resolve complex technology, business and finance issues, with substantial experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as a highly developed ability to manage a steady stream of information.
- Highly organized and extremely detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Must work successfully without supervision under pressure and handle all situations with the highest degree of professionalism.
- Must have the confidence and ability to quickly identify, analyze, develop, and implement creative, smart and sound solutions to difficult problems and challenges even in ambiguous situations.
- Must have a flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and learning new subjects, with a client-focused approach to work.
- Must exhibit common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office suite required.
- Must be fluent in English as well as Russian and able to draft legal documents in both languages; other foreign language skills a plus.
- Serve as the primary lawyer responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of global issues related to the company’s business in Russia.
- This individual will report to the global legal counsel based in Switzerland. You will need to work independently, collaborate and engage with personnel from multiple functional and regional areas, and operate effectively in a fast-paced and demanding environment. Some management of paralegal or support staff may be required.
- The position will involve support and counsel of various client groups across the company on a variety of legal issues and subject matters, including complex commercial transactions, inbound and outbound intellectual property licensing matters, distribution and partner agreements, strategic partnerships, regulatory compliance, human resource/labor matters, and corporate formation and governance.
- The role is based in Moscow, Russia.
- Local and international travel will be required.
Junior infrastructure developer
Parallels infrastructure team provides product teams with a reliable platform and automated pipeline to roll out and execute application code. As members of this team we aim to build knowledge base about systems operations and share that knowledge in executable and reusable forms. In this position you will help implement building blocks on the road to modern infrastructure: configuration management, environment testing, development in vagrant, automated code deployment, and more.
Junior-level candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Consult with developers on service operation and automate application deployment
- Maintain and troubleshoot our services
- Knowledge of a high-level mainstream language (preferred: Python, Ruby, Go)
- Knowledge of linux userspace: filesystem, shell, processes/threads, IPC
- (Preferred) Experience with Chef/Puppet/Ansible configuration management systems
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctioning services, e.g. what state the application is in, why it has been killed, etc...
- Basic knowledge of network subsystem
- Perform analysis, coding, design, implementation and technical documentation on mobile applications.
- Test and debug mobile applications.
- Work closely with other team members to design and develop real time transactional systems.
- Ensure that application components align with application architecture and performance goals.
- Suggest initiatives that improve working efficiency and quality.
- Have an IT-related degree or qualification.
- Have strong knowledge of Objective-C, Cocoa Framework, and iOS SDK.
- Have lnowledge of iPhone/iOS ecosystem.
- Have solid Xcode skills.
- Have working knowledge with C++.
- Be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Have knowledge of design patterns.
- Have the ability to work in an exciting, energetic and agile environment.
- Have at least 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Possess good written English.
The following will be an added advantage:
- Have experience with JSON and interacting with RESTful services.
- Be knowledgeable on Google Analytics and Flurry.
- Have experience with development tools: Jira, Git.
Continuous Integration (CI) Developer
Parallels CI Team is responsible for building a system that composes final product from source code on a continuous basis. The system is built around Jenkins, Artifactory, Rundeck and our own internally developed services in a way that makes most use of community code. It builds our code for almost all popular platforms: OS X, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android. As of now, our main goal is to standardise the approach for building code across different product teams and provide a self-service build system for the entire company.
Your first year goal would be:
Implement a Packer-based system for composing build VM images and deploying them to the hypervisor. We already have Chef cookbooks that set up standardised build environments, but all layers above it are yet to be implemented. Implement a system that is able to replace build VMs based on what envrironments are currently needed by active products.
Together with the rest of the team you will also support the codebase of our products, set the standards for dependency management, build frameworks, code signing, and help implementing them.
- Good knowledge of Chef and Packer
- Good knowledge of a high-level mainstream language (preferred: Python, Ruby, Go, Java)
- Ability to read C/C++ code and fix minor bugs in it
- Experience maintaining Jenkins/TeamCity/Bamboo
- (optional) Experience development plugins for Jenkins/TeamCity/Bamboo
- Conceptual understanding of various build frameworks (GNU Make, Qmake, SCons, CMake and others)
- Good understanding of git
- Ability to test your own code
- Design and development of Android client for the project
- Parallels Access ac
- Design and development of new solutions in the field of integration and connection of desktop and mobile platforms to provide a single, convenient application behavior
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience in Java development
- 1+ years experience in Android development
- Bachelor, Master or Engineer in the field of software development and information technology
- Analytical skills, good knowledge of OOP and design patterns
- responsibility, independence, activity, result-oriented, teamwork
- Written English