How to use a timer on a Mac
There are several ways on how to use a timer on Mac, including:
Asking Siri to set a reminder
Although Siri can't set alarms because of the lack of a clock app, she can use the Reminders app to set reminders. If your Mac has macOS Sierra or higher, Siri can set a reminder for you. Follow these steps:
- Click on the Apple icon and open system preferences
- From the pop-up window, click on the "Siri" icon
- On the left side, check the "Enable Ask Siri" box
- From the pop-up window, click the "Enable" button
- After enabling Siri, click the Siri icon on the top right corner. You can also activate Siri by saying "Hey Siri" on supported versions.
- Say out loud what you want to set the reminder for and at what time. If you want to remove the reminder, just say, "Hey Siri, delete the reminder."
Using Google Timer
Google is another reliable way to set a timer on your Mac. Open Google and key in "online timer" on the search bar.
Click on the first result and set the timer to go off in either a few minutes or several hours.
After setting the time, click the "Start" button and keep the tab open on your Mac. The timer will count down and will go off after it reaches zero. Ensure your Mac isn't muted.
Using a third-party app
Another way to use a timer on your Mac is by downloading a timer app. You can do this through the Apple Store. You will need to set up the app, and it should go off after a while or depending on what you'd like it to do. One reliable timer app you can download is Parallels Toolbox. It has a simple user interface that lets you use a timer on your Mac easily.
Parallels Toolbox is a solid app for various functions on your Mac. One of these features includes the ability to set a timer that goes off after a few minutes or hours, depending on what you'd like it to do.
- To begin, open the Parallels Toolbox and click on the "Time" button from the menu bar.
- On the pop-up window, click on the "Timer" button. A new window pops up for you to enter details about your timer.
- You can set the timer to go off in a few seconds, minutes, or hours. After setting the details, click on "Start." Once the set time reaches, the timer will go off. Click on "Stop" to end the timer.
A timer is essential to use if you want to achieve several things in a set time. There is nothing as motivating as seeing your progress. Parallels Toolbox is great for setting a timer on your Mac, and it does it in an easy-to-use manner. Feel motivated and stay engaged by downloading a free trial of Parallels Toolbox to help you count down time on your Mac.