What is Google Remote Desktop?
Google Remote Desktop is a remote desktop software tool developed to allow users to remotely connect to and control another computer via their own protocol. Google Remote Desktop sends keyboard and mouse events from one computer to another and sends graphic screen updates over the network in other directions. This feature consists of a server on the host computer and a client component on the computer that accesses the remote computer.
How to set up Google Remote Desktop
First: Prepare your computer for connection
Through this process, you can access your computer via another desktop
- On your host computer, open Chrome (or download and install it if your computer does not have Chrome).
- From Chrome, head to Google's Chrome Remote Desktop web application, then select "Set up Remote Access".
- Download the new Chrome Remote Desktop extension. On the page that appears, click the blue "Add to Chrome" button to see if you want to continue.
- When you return to the original tab, your computer will display a message awaiting you to advance under another name. Select "Remote Access" then "Remote Access Settings"
- Specify the computer name and press the "Next" button.
- Create a PIN of six or more digits. You will need that PIN to log into your Google Account and access your computer remotely for security purposes.
Second: Connect your computer using another desktop
- With all host computer connections set up, refer to the same Remote Desktop website in your Chrome browser. Log in using the identical Google account you used on your host system.
- After the name of the computer shows up, click on it to start the connection. Once connected, you can navigate the screen and click on the one you would like to run. On the right panel of the screen, you will see the option to sync the clipboard between the current computer and also the host computer and send complex commands like Adjust Screen. You can also press Ctrl-Alt-Del, Print Screen, etc for when you need to copy and paste text or screen content.
You may want something better
There are numerous other types of remote access software available in the market, such as Parallels' RDP Client. This remote access software is designed to enable you to access desktops, windows applications, or data on any device. Its intuitive Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) technology enables you to work simultaneously on multiple desktops and applications.
The easy-to-install software also keeps your digital workspaces highly secure. This way, you never have to worry about confidential business information leaking out of your company's servers. It is the perfect solution that gives you the flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere, using any device, and at any time.
Remote access makes everything easy. For end-users, you can work from home, but managed service providers can remotely access your computer to offer any support you need. Download the RDP tool from Parallels today to have first-hand experience.