Increase profit: Run 300% more VPS subscriptions on every server
Parallels Virtuozzo Containers delivers three times more virtual servers than hypervisor solutions providing greater utilization of existing infrastructure.
Optimize costs: Reduce server maintenance cost by 75%
Centralized management enables fast operating system (OS) updates and upgrades. Make changes once and quickly replicate to an entire datacenter.
Maximize performance: Increase application performance by 50%
Parallels Virtuozzo Containers enables near-native server performance, delivering maximum application performance and scalability for a given virtual CPU configuration.
Enable customers to add new services quickly
Rapid provisioning means new Servers can be available within minutes of ordering, and servers are "instant on" when provisioned with no OS boot up time. Customer self-service panels enable existing OS containers to be scaled on the fly with real-time adjustments to CPU, memory and disk space allocations.
Drive profit with the most complete and automated Cloud services enablement solutions
With Parallels Virtuozzo Containers service providers can deploy a super-efficient Cloud hosting infrastructure and offer a wide range of hosting and Cloud services that appeal to the broadest possible customer base. Parallels Virtuozzo Containers is optimized to work with all Parallels hosting and Cloud enablement solutions including Parallels Plesk Panel, Parallels Automation and Parallels Business Automation Standard. Learn More
Learn More About OS Virtualization
Download the Parallels Virtuozzo Containers Datasheet
Key Features of Parallels Virtuozzo Containers
Virtualization at the host operating system provides a lean, efficient virtualization layer that enables higher density ratios of virtual servers to physical servers. With Parallels Virtuozzo Containers you can increase the utilization of existing servers by 3x over hypervisor solutions, delivering cost savings not only in maintenance and energy costs but also by reducing new server expenditures.
Built for delivering profitable cloud services
- Advanced Resource Management provides the controls necessary to support multiple VPS and Cloud server packages at varying levels of CPU, memory, disk I/O and storage space.
- On-the-fly virtual environment elasticity enables flexibility for customers and ease of upgrading for service providers.
- Immediate provisioning and activation provides the fastest availability time for new VPS and Cloud server subscriptions, allowing your customers to add new services instantly.
- Comprehensive integration capabilities for third party systems are enabled with command line and API interfaces thus simplifying the complete automation of delivering and billing for services.
- Performance and resource isolation enable service providers to guarantee SLAs and provide highly reliable and secure virtual servers.
- Flexible management options reduce administration and support costs by simplifying day to day operations, automating routine tasks and providing customers with self service capabilities.
Maximize return on hardware investments
- Operating system containerization lets you run more subscriptions on every server by creating secure, isolated virtual servers without the overhead and constraints of hardware virtualization.
- Dynamic library sharing significantly reduces the amount of memory needed by each virtual server and changing the way you provision subscriptions.
- Virtuozzo File System greatly reduces per-subscription disk space and memory requirements by allowing sharing of common applications and OS components while preserving the ability for individualized customization. IOPS (I/O operations per second) are significantly improved because access to files shared in memory is only done once, not per each container
- Cross CPU workload scheduling eliminates the binding of virtual environments to vCPUs to deliver flexible, high performance servers for customers.
Streamlining day to day operations
- Operating system templates simplify the process of creating and maintaining "gold images" used to instantly provision VPS or Cloud servers.
- Application templates automate the rapid deployment and configuration of applications into virtual servers enabling you to easily extend existing services.
- Mass management and task automation simplify the day-to-day administration and greatly increase the number of physical nodes and virtual servers each administrator can manage.
- Live migration (Linux only) enables administrators to moves an entire virtual server between physical nodes without disrupting applications or users. Can perform live migration across different geographical locations if this is supported by the network infrastructure.
- Reduce maintenance costs by installing host OS and applications such as backup and antivirus on the server, not on each virtual server.
- Multi-platform support for both Windows and Linux servers with a set of common management tools.
- Stability provided by global support and service to ensure the success of your business. With more than 5000 service provider partners worldwide, Parallels Virtuozzo Container is the virtualization product of choice for mass market hosting providers.
- Complete set of management tools The widest set of tools for both Service Providers and customers, making it the best virtualization solution for mass hosting of VPSs. Parallels Virtuozzo Containers tools enable management, monitoring, backup, restore, troubleshooting, recovery, provisioning and deployment. Learn more.
Simply the most profitable VPS and Cloud server solution for Linux
Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Linux combines advanced management and high density virtualization to create a flexible and powerful solution for today’s demanding Cloud service offerings.
What’s new in Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Linux 4.7 - Just released!
Proven, world class solution to deliver and manage profitable Cloud server and VPS offerings
Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Linux sets the hosting industry standard for profitable, secure and flexible VPS and Cloud server offerings. With Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Linux you will be able to:
- Quickly provide secure, fully isolated, completed configured Linux servers as an OS container
- Maximize hardware investments by increasing virtual server ratios, thus reducing costs and improving profitability
- Automate near-instant provisioning and on-the-fly modification of Linux VPS and Cloud server plans
- Lower operational costs by reducing the administrative burden of day-to-day operations
Simply the best managed VPS solution available for Linux
Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Linux is simply the best server virtualization solution for VPS and Cloud server offerings. New OS containers can be provisioned in seconds. Existing OS containers can be scaled on the fly. Administrators can make changes once and quickly replicate to an entire datacenter. Applications execute at full speed with direct access to the native hardware. Running OS containers can be migrated “live” between different hosts without the need for specialized storage hardware.
10+ year commitment to Linux
Parallels has been a strong participant within the Linux community for more than a decade and was recently recognized by the Linux Foundation as one of the top ten commercial contributors to the kernel. As a participating member of the Linux foundation Parallels is heavily involved in workgroups and events alongside other Linux community leaders. This experience, access to innovators and involvement with the Linux community helps Parallels to continually advance Parallels Virtuozzo Containers and deliver the best solutions for our customers.
Learn more about Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Linux
Deploy Windows Server VPS, Cloud server and hosted Desktop-as-a-Service offerings while maximizing profits
Change the cost equation of delivering Windows Cloud Servers and VPSs by maximizing hardware utilization and simplifying day-to-day management.
What’s new in Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Windows 4.6 — Just released!
With Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Windows you will be able to:
- Offer the latest Windows 2008 R2 Server-based VPS and Cloud servers at the highest per-server density possible.
- Increase revenue potential by offering managed OS and application services that simplify environment management for your clients.
- Reduce the administrative burden of monitoring and managing your Windows VPS offerings with a centralized web-based administration solution.
- Upgrade each of your Microsoft Server nodes into a high performance virtual environment platform. Reduce the complexity of server configuration and maximize the number of virtual servers per CPU.
Parallels Virtuozzo Containers is uniquely suited for hosted Desktop-as-a-Service Applications
Hosted Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) applications use virtualization technology to create user desktops and can potentially pair with many other technologies as a part of a complete solution. The benefits to the DaaS approach are many, including simplifying patch management and provisioning new applications to users in seconds. Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Windows provides significant benefits for hosted DaaS deployments including a much smaller footprint (resulting in a higher density of desktops), the ability to quickly customize desktops including permissions levels, and unbelievably fast provisioning and update management. Learn more
Learn more about Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Windows