Parallels Desktop for Mac activation is a license validation procedure.
Registration is a process of registering your activation key with Parallels. Registration allows one to:
- Stay Current - all registered customers can enable automated updates and have most up-to-date software installed.
- Safe - your activation key will be stored under your personal account and could be located at any time if required.
- Save - registered Parallels Desktop customers are always aware of any discounts or promotions held by Parallels.
- Support - register your purchased copy and get Technical Support for free (For the first month you get free phone/chat support, as well as free email support for 18 months after the version 8 release.)
- Bonus Software – all registered customers can get complimentary 90 day subscription for Antivirus software for Mac and Windows, as well as Online Backup from Acronis.
Option A: Register via the Parallels web site.
Please login to your account at www.parallels.com ("My account" in the upper-right corner). You will first go to "My registered products" and then "Register your activation key."
Option B: Register from within your Parallels application.
After product installation, Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac will ask you to register your key. Please enter your activation key and the email address that you used for your account creation at Parallels.com.
If you do not have an account at Parallels.com, it will be created automatically after this step, and you will receive a notification of account activation. If you skip this step, you can register at any time by clicking on Parallels Desktop and selecting "Register Product".