2X Client for RDP / Remote Desktop BETA Versions are Released for Testing on Windows, Linux and Android Platforms By Sean Bianco on | 0
DALLAS, TX, May 29th, 2013 -- 2X Software, a global leader in virtual desktop and application delivery solutions, is pleased to announce that the Beta versions of the 2X Client for RDP / Remote Desktop have been released for testing on Windows, Linux and Android platforms. Numerous improvements have been made to enhance the user experience relative to everyday tasks such as logon, application launching, drive redirection and printing. Certain areas of the UI layout have also been modified for a more simplified ease of use.
- Windows Client
- Version 10.6.1436
- Change Log
- Added: Support for 2X URL Schema
- Added: Support for RDP Connections where the server’s authentication policy does not allow connection requests using saved credentials
- Improved: Printing and Scanning client polices are relocated under connection properties
- Improved: Auto Logon in connection settings is not set by default
- Improved: Redirecting Canon Inkjet iP1100, Canon Inkjet iP1300, Canon Inkjet iP1700 printers
- Fixed: Support for specific drive redirection on Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Fixed: Empty space passwords in connection Settings
- Linux Client
- Version 10.6.1439
- Change Log
- Added: Redirection of specified drives
- Added: Redirection of hot pluggable drives
- Added: Secondary connections to 2X Connections
- Added: Option to enable logging to file
- Added: Progress bar when requesting list of applications and launching of applications
- Added: Auto-starting applications that are configured from the ASXG Server
- Added: Large and color pointer capability
- Added: Support for 32-bit Color Depth
- Improved: Error message when client fails to connect with the RDP Server due to NLA/FIPS/TLS
- Improved: Listing of local printers using CUPS
- Improved: State of Windows corrected to work on the main Windows managers
- Fixed: Smart card redirection in RDP Connections
- Android Client
- Version 10.6.1437
- Change Log
- Added: Support for Microsoft session broker
- Improved: Application listing cache is invalidated when connection settings are changed
- Fixed: Mouse pointer hover position was slightly off target
- Fixed: Connection to a non RDP server fails and displays an error message
About 2X Client for RDP / Remote Desktop
The 2X Client for RDP / Remote Desktop provides users with the ability to take their desktops and applications with them wherever they go. The 2X Client for RDP/Remote Desktop gives you easy and secure remote access using RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) wherever you are, whenever you want.
Additionally, you can experience the full benefits of published remote Windows applications and desktops connecting to 2X Remote Application Server. This way the 2X Client for RDP / Remote Desktop seamlessly runs published Windows applications and desktops from Windows Terminal Server and all major VDI Hypervisors including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware or Citrix Xen.
Access Remote Desktops & Files
Securely access your home or business PC, hosted virtual desktops and files on-demand wherever you are, whenever you want.
Run Remote Applications
Run hosted remote applications, such as Microsoft Office, seamlessly on your desktop.
Secure access to your desktops & applications through 2X Client SSL and two-factor authentication support.
RDP / RemoteFX Multimedia Support
Provides a rich remote desktop and application experience by supporting Microsoft’s high definition RemoteFX accelerated multimedia protocol.
Sound & Drive Redirection
Redirect sound from any remote application to your desktop. Open documents on the client machine from any remotely deployed application.
2X Remote Application Server Integration
Access virtual desktops and applications hosted on hypervisors such as Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen, VMware vSphere and more.
For more information, and download links specific to your environment, please visit the 2X Client for RDP / Remote Desktop page.
About 2X Software
2X Software is a global leader in virtual desktop and application delivery, remote access and cloud computing solutions. Thousands of enterprises worldwide trust in the reliability and scalability of 2X products. 2X offers a range of solutions to make every company’s shift to cloud computing simple and affordable.