Parallels Remote Application Server allows Parallels administrators of to get notified when an important event is executed.
Notifications can be can be generated for any of the below events:
- License limit is exceeded automated email.
- CPU utilization on Remote Desktop Server is higher than configured threshold.
- Memory Utilization is higher than the configured threshold.
- Number of sessions is higher than configured threshold
- Disconnection and/or re-connections of the Parallels Terminal Server Agent
Additionally, configure which administrators will receive notifications as follows:
1. Go to the Administration pane
2. Click Administration tab
3. Double click an Administrator
4. From 'Administrator Properties', set the 'Receive system notifications via:' drop-down to 'Email.
5. Click 'OK'
6. Repeat steps 1 to 5 for each administrator
Next, enable automatic notifications, from the Administration pane> Mailbox Setup tab.
The configuration is dependent on the SMTP Server that emails are sent through.
Usually most SMTP servers require the following:
- FROM: Email Address
- SMTP Server
- Credentials to authenticate with the SMTP server
Once configured, click “Send Test Email” to test the configuration.
Subsequently, to enable automatic notifications, go to the Administration pane > Notification tab and choose to enable the desired notifications.