If you want to manage your Android devices with 2X MDM, you must install the 2X MDM client according to the instructions below. Certain features require a Google account to be configured on the phone. It is highly recommend that you configure this prior to installing the 2X MDM App.
Install the 2X MDM app for Android
Install the 2X MDM app from this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tcx.mdm .
Configuring the 2X MDM app
- After the installation is completed, start the app on your Android smartphone.
- You will be prompted for your Mobile Device Manager account name (which you must have created before following this guide by going here). Enter your 2X MDM account name and click OK.
- The app will ask to become a device administrator (Required for Lock and Wipe from 2X MDM Console, to set password rules and other necessary 2X MDM functions). Click "Activate".
- The 2X MDM App will show you that it is “Waiting for registration approval”.
- Enable location tracking by going to your smartphones Settings > Location or Settings > Location Services on your Android Phone. Settings > Location & Security are also used (depending on Android version and phone manufacturer) .
Approving the device on the 2X MDM portal
The 2X MDM administrator now needs to approve the device. If you are the 2X MDM administrator:
- Login to the 2X MDM portal at https://admin.mobiledevicemanager.com
- Go to the ” Pending Approval” node. Your device will be listed. Select it and click the “Approve” button.
- Click on the Group Policies node and select the group that you have added your newly registered device in. Newly registered devices are put in the Default group
- Click on the 'Android Policy' tab and scroll down to the Location Provider Settings. From here the 'Location Provider Settings' and the 'Device History Settings' sections allow you to configure all of your device tracking options (location frequency update,tracking history,location update distance, tracking method and others).
- Congratulations! Your Android device can now be managed by 2X MDM.