How to download audio from YouTube
There are many ways you can download audio on YouTube Mac. On the other hand, Windows users can also leverage online tools to download their favorite YouTube audio. Below, we've provided instructions on how to download audio from YouTube on Windows and Mac.
Downloading audio files from YouTube on Mac for free
Computer users wishing to learn how to download audio from YouTube on Mac for free must first have the iTube HD Video Downloader. You can download it from the iSkysoft website. Once the download is complete, launch it to start downloading YouTube audio. Here are the steps to follow when extracting the audio from YouTube:
- Visit YouTube and open the target video
- A Download button will appear on the video's top-left corner. A dropdown list will appear indicating the various MP3 formats. Choose your preferred format.
- Once you do that, iTube HD Video Downloader will automatically start downloading the audio.
Downloading audio files from YouTube on Mac without software
Did you know you can download audio YouTube without installing a third-party app? All you need to do is add the word "kiss" before the "YouTube" in the URL of the video file you intend to download. Follow the following steps:
- Open YouTube to access the video whose audio you want
- Change the URL by adding the term "kiss" before the "youtube". For example, if the video's URL is www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTxYn356RdW, the new URL will read www.kissyoutube.com/watch?v=dTxYn356RdW.
- Pause the video for it to buffer completely. Afterward, click Window in the menu bar and select Activity
- Search for the line that represents the video you intend to download and double-click it to start downloading the audio
Downloading audio files from YouTube on Mac online
If you prefer to download YouTube audio only, you can also do that online by visiting youtube-mp3.org.
- Copy and paste the URL of the YouTube video you'd like to convert to audio on the text section on the website.
- Once it's pasted, click Convert Video to start the process.
- After the conversion is complete, click Download to download the audio version
Parallels Toolbox provides a single powerful app that enables you to download your favorite audio from the internet, including YouTube. Here's how you can use it to do that.
- Open the Parallels Toolbox on your screen's top toolbar.
- Click Audio under the Library window to access the dropdown menu.
- Select Download Audio; a pop-up will appear on the screen with a download icon.
- Open YouTube, search for the video, and drag the URL to the download pop-up.
- Once the download is complete, a list of all your downloaded audio files will appear on the Parallels window. Unmark them all, and only check the audio file you want to download. Hit the Download Selected button
- Your audio file will automatically be saved to your computer.
There is so much online content providing instructions on how to download YouTube audio. That makes the search for the right application and downloading the audio file confusing and cumbersome. It would be best to find a program that offers a straightforward means of downloading YouTube audio files. With Parallel Toolbox, you have a multi-platform program with over 30 features to help you carry out computer functions easily and fast.