What does "Do Not Disturb" do?
Everybody encounters various counter-productive notifications and alerts while working on critical business activities. Usually, you can avoid this while working on iPhone and Android because they have the DND mode. But, do you know even computers have the Do Not Disturb feature?
Do not disturb and remove all notifications and alerts as they arrive. They are all collected in the notification center, where you can view them later. They don't intrude into your work with pop-up messages or loud tones that quickly get you distracted. This guide helps you discover how to turn the Do Not Disturb feature on your Mac and Windows devices and achieve greater productivity.
How to turn on "Do Not Disturb" on your computer
Turning on the Do Not Disturb is different on both Mac and Windows 10 devices. Use the steps outlined below.
Turn on "Do Not Disturb" on your Mac
The procedure for turning on Do Not Disturb on Mac is as follows:
- Navigate to the Mac Menu Bar
- Click on Control Center
- Click on the Do Not Disturb icon to turn it on indefinitely. You can also open the Do Not Disturb control to choose a duration. The icon will appear on the bar menu
- Close the Control Center by clicking anywhere on your desktop
Turn on "Do Not Disturb" on your Windows 10
Windows 10 has Focus Assist, also known as Quiet Hours in the earlier versions. You can turn it on by:
- Click on the Action Center on your taskbar
- Select Focus Assist to turn it on. You can cycle through the available settings to customize the alerts to remove. You can set it to Priority Only, Alarms Only, or Off.
- Close the Action Center and continue using your Windows 10 undisturbed
With Parallels Toolbox, you have an all-in-one solution with over 30 tools to use on both Mac and Windows 10. The Do Not Disturb feature in Parallels Toolbox works efficiently to remove all distractions by disabling all notifications and the Dock app animations. Watch this video to see how.
The Parallels Toolbox is effective as you can make the most out of your Mac or PC without going through any complicated learning process. The economical suite reduces the need for multiple applications to help you carry out your daily processes, allowing easy computer optimization to maximize productivity.
You can install your Parallels Toolbox in the following easy steps to start using the various tools that come with it.
- Download or upgrade Parallels Toolbox from www.parallels.com/toolbox
- Open the image files downloaded
- Double click on Install Parallels Toolbox
- Click the Parallels Toolbox icon in the menu bar or action center to get started
- Click on Do Not Disturb and shown in the video above to turn it on
Parallels Toolbox offers you the tools you need to avoid making mistakes and focus on your activities. Find more information here and start your free trial to relish its unique features.