Several types of screen capture allow users to take images of their desktop screens or stream tutorials, and more. Finding the right screen capture tool for your needs might not be as easy as you think because your needs are probably very specific compared to another user. Here you are provided with a comprehensive guide to help you achieve your goals using screen capture tools from various sources.
What is screen capture?
To put it simply, screen capture is a type of clipping that enables users to display the contents on their computer screen on a video stream, webpage or document. Screen capture is a great feature if you want to be able to save a picture of your computer desktop and save it as a file on your computer. It's also a great feature if you want to be able to save an online video or video chat to help troubleshoot problems with a PC, website, or other systems.
There are also times when screen capture tools are needed as part of troubleshooting. Screen capture can be used in more advanced web development projects as well, such as using Google Web Designer, Adobe Photoshop, and common graphics tools like Microsoft Paint and MSN Paint. However, screen capture tools can vary in functions and features that are available to the user. Therefore, some users choose to use more complete tools that give them more options to adjust screen captures to the needs of their projects.
How to use a screen capture tool
A screen capture tool is a piece of software that records your activities on a computer screen. It can be used to create multimedia presentations, videos to share with students or colleagues, tutorials, and more. Here's how you can use screen capture tools:
- Simple screenshots: On both Windows 10 and Mac OS X, there are simple screenshot tools that can be used. These are tools that allow you to take still shots of your screenshots. To use them, all you have to do is open the snipping tool provided with your OS and choose to capture the entire screen or to crop an open window or workspace. After capturing the screenshot, you will have options to edit it and create highlights with a highlighter feature using your mouse.
- Advanced screen capture tools: In addition to the tools that come with your operating system, there are also more advanced screen capture tools that can allow you to do more with your screen captures. These tools are often available for Windows 10 and Mac OS X operating systems. They allow you to capture the screenshots, as well as stream the video of your desktop. Advanced screen capture tools also include more editing tools, which may also allow you to add things like text to images or animations to screen recordings that you have made.
Screen capture tools are versatile tools that you can use for various types of projects, which can range from creating tutorials for a class or remotely troubleshooting IT problems on websites or remote systems.
How to use screen capture with Parallels Toolbox
There are various techniques available for capturing screenshots, and we covered several of the basic options. These included drawing on a desktop with a mouse and using the Snipping Tool in the Windows OS. But there's another way to capture stuff and pictures on your computer, which is pretty awesome and very useful too. The tool we are referring to is the Screen Capture feature that comes as part of the Parallels Toolbox. Parallels Toolbox is an application that lets you do a lot more than just use screen capture on Windows as well as Mac, and here is how to use it:
- Navigate to Toolbox Utilities: Select the Screen Capture tool in your Parallels Toolbox and open the applet.
- Choose the function: Once you have opened the Parallels Toolbox Screen Capture tool, you will have several options to choose from. From here, you will be able to take screenshots, recordings or stream your screen captures.
- Edit and other features: There are also other features available with the Screen Capture app. You will be able to draw over the captures, crop the captured image, add texts and even record cropped sections of your desktop.
The Parallels Screen Capture tool is the perfect tool if you create a lot of screen capture content and need a functional tool that this easy to use to do the job.
Screen capture is a very useful tool for both the beginner and the advanced user. It's easy to learn, so it's easy to understand why you want to be good at it. It makes life easier when creating content. And, multifunctional, easy-to-use options like Parallels Toolbox make these tasks even easier with advanced tools to do the job.