After the final Windows XP shutdown, you can continue business using 2X LifeCyclePlus By Giorgio Bonuccelli on | 0
2X Software launches 2X LifeCycle Plus for Windows XP, converting your existing Windows XP PCs into safe, cost-effective workstations.
DALLAS, TX, April 11th, 2014 2X Software, a global leader in virtual desktop and application delivery solutions, today announced that the company has launched 2X LifeCyclePlus, which converts your existing Windows XP PCs into safe, cost-effective workstations. This will provide users with easy and secure remote access using RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) wherever they are and whenever they want. Additionally, users can experience the full benefits of published remote Windows applications and desktops connecting to 2X Remote Application Server. In this way, the 2X Client for RDP/Remote Desktop seamlessly runs published Windows applications and desktops from the Windows Terminal Server and all major VDI hypervisors, including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware and Citrix Xen.
“As Windows XP comes to its end of life, most of the actual hardware infrastructure should be replaced. As a matter of fact, more than 30% of existing PCs in business won’t be able to support the latest Windows OS version and applications. 2X LifeCyclePlus allows organizations to leverage on legacy hardware to create a virtual environment capable of hosting the latest version of Windows OS, transforming an old XP PC into a secured client workstation. With 2X LifeCyclePlus, organizations are not only able to solve the Windows XP migration challenge but also have a solution that will support future business initiatives, resulting in greater mobility and increased user productivity to meet the needs of today’s modern workforce.”
- Nikolaos Makris
About 2X LifeCyclePlus
- Replace the Windows shell with the 2X LifeCyclePlus shell for Windows
- Secure your Windows OS to use only approved local applications
- Utilize password-protected Windows shell switching for administration
- Intuitively log off and disconnect from the machine
- Change Active Directory credentials in the 2X LifeCyclePlus shell
- Configure local applications
- Automatic configuration of Windows firewall rules that securely communicate with ApplicationServer XG
- Access remote support, service desk and IT monitoring
- Keep working with your existing peripherals without the need to look for new drivers
- Allow use of a limited set of control panel applets to allow the user to configure settings such as mouse, keyboard, etc.
About 2X Software
2X Software is a global leader in virtual desktop and application delivery, remote access and cloud computing solutions. Thousands of enterprises worldwide trust in the reliability and scalability of 2X products. 2X offers a range of solutions to make every company’s shift to cloud computing simple and affordable.
For additional information, visit www.2x.com or contact Giorgio Bonuccelli by email Giorgio.Bonuccelli@2x.com, phone +356 2258 3800.