Technical Documentation and Resources
- Parallels Access allows you to share files from your Mac or a Windows PC without using a cloud service. Visit KB123242 to learn how.
- Parallels Access allows you to access a remote Mac or Window PC with the help of a Web Console. You can find the instructions in KB122826.
- Information on how to work with applications on your iOS or Android device can be found in KB116697.
- How do I purchase Parallels Access? Monthly and annual subscriptions to Parallels Access can be purchased directly from within Parallels Access, the Parallels Online Store or through the Apple App Store. Android subscriptions are only available through the Parallels Online Store. Please see KB116724 for instructions on how to purchase.
- I received a notification that my subscription is expiring. How can I renew it? Once your subscription is within 24 hours of ending, a Buy now button will appear both on your iPad and in your My Account page. Click on the Buy now button on your device or on Buy Subscription on My Account page. See KB116820 for complete instructions on renewals.
- I have a question about my purchase. Who should I contact? KB116724 includes contact details based on where you purchased your subscription to Parallels Access.
- Can I purchase on the Parallels website? Please see KB119197 for details on purchases.
- How do I get a refund for my Parallels Access subscription? Subscriptions to Parallels Access are nonrefundable for the duration of your subscription period. To manage your subscription or disable auto-renewal of your monthly or annual subscription, follow the in-app instructions listed in KB116725.
- What devices and OSes are supported in Parallels Access? Please see KB116670.
- How do I set up and install Parallels Access? Installation of Parallels Access is a two-step process. The Parallels Access Agent is downloaded from the Parallels website, and the Parallels Access App is available for download at the App Store or Google Play. Complete instructions can be found at KB116770.
If you are running a virtual machine on your Mac, do not install Parallels Access in the virtual machine—complete the installation on your Mac hard drive.
You are required to have a Parallels Account to download and install Parallels Access. For instructions on how to create an account please see KB116662.
- How to use Web Console to establish a computer-to-computer connection? Visit KB122826.
- Is the connection from Parallels Access to my computer secure? Yes. Parallels Access uses state-of-the-art technology, so all data transferred between your computer and iPad is secure. More details and additional security options are in KB116684.
- Can I use Parallels Access on more than one computer? Yes, Parallels Access can be used to access multiple computers. Instructions for adding an additional computer are in KB116728.
Parallels has created video tutorials to assist with your most frequently asked questions.
- Basic and Advanced Gestures Within Parallels Access running on iOS devices
- Configuring Parallels Access Settings on your iPad or iPhone
- How to Enable Remote Computer Authentication Within Parallels Access on your iOS device
- Navigation and Controls Within Parallels Access on your iPad or iPhone
- How to Copy and Paste with Parallels Access on your iOS device
- How to Switch Between Running Applications in Parallels Access on your iPad or iPhone
- How to Switch View Modes in Parallels Access on your iOS device