Parallels Desktopfor ChromeOS
Run full-featured Windows applications including Microsoft Office directly on Chrome Enterprise devices—even offline!
- Empower users with the full potential of the Chromebook AND the full power of the Windows ecosystem.
- Simplify IT management while supporting a robust dynamic workforce.
- Drag and drop files & text between ChromeOS and Windows | Increased Windows app space with compact title bar | 12 new supported devices. See the latest updates.
See Parallels Desktop for ChromeOS in action
“Ruvos uses Parallels Desktop for ChromeOS to manage our Windows environments using native Windows tools while still maintaining the security and manageability of our ChromeOS Devices. The quick startup and easy deployment makes it a particularly effective addition to our tools.”
“Solutions we tried from the largest service provider companies were complex, became very expensive, and failed to work well. Fortunately, Parallels Desktop for ChromeOS provided us massive cost savings and enabled our employees to easily run the full-featured Windows apps they need on their Chromebooks—both online and offline.”
Mike Ellis, CIO, Family Health Centers
Work: Fast. Easy. Anywhere.
Get the speed, power, and tools you need to perform at your best no matter where you are
Always-on access to business-critical Windows apps
- Effortlessly switch between ChromeOS and Windows – no need to reboot
- Suspend and Resume Windows to instantly get back up and running
- Open files on ChromeOS using Windows applications
- BONUS: Access 30+ one-touch tools with included Parallels Toolbox (learn more)
Work that’s ready whenever, wherever
- Utilize the full feature sets of desktop applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more
- Access Windows Desktop, Documents, Downloads and custom folders from ChromeOS Files
- No internet? No problem! Files and apps are fully accessible both online and offline
Full ChromeOS integration for a familiar & friendly experience
- Easily move content, files and text between ChromeOS and Windows via a shared clipboard or by simple drag and drop
- Print from Windows to supported printers
- Stay in the flow with seamless mouse, camera, microphone, audio & docking plus USB smart card reader support
- Enjoy the view with dynamic resolution and full screen support
HP continues to innovate on experiences tailor-made for mission critical hybrid work in the cloud. The HP Elite c640 G3 Chromebook Enterprise, powered by 12th Gen Intel®️ Core™️ processors, is purpose-built for the enterprise. Powered by the Intel®️ vPro®️ platform, the device enables exceptional performance and comprehensive, multilayered security for business. Elevate virtual collaboration with a 5MP camera that brings enhanced visual clarity while AI-based Noise Reduction filters out background noise empowering remote workers to be at their best. It features an optional integrated fingerprint reader and is the first Chromebook to offer an integrated smartcard reader. The HP Elite c645 G2 Chromebook Enterprise, powered by AMD Ryzen™️ 5000 C-Series processors, makes it easier for cloud users to tackle hybrid work. Brighter screen options include a 14-inch diagonal 400-nit FHD panel, HP Eye Ease for low blue light exposure, HP Sure View Reflect integrated privacy screen to protect sensitive information from prying eyes, as well as a 1000-nit outdoor viewable option. Wi-Fi 6E and optional 4G LTE7 make it easy to work from almost anywhere, meaning internet downtime is a problem of the past. HP Privacy Camera gives users control of when they can be seen with a sliding cover for the webcam lens.
The new 14” ThinkPad Chromebook provides a corporate workhorse to round out the enterprise portfolio. Ideal for today’s work-from-anywhere environment, the ThinkPad C14 Chromebook delivers the quality and durability you expect from Lenovo.
Headquartered in the USA, CTL designs and purpose builds Chrome devices specifically to meet the needs of our customers. “We like to stay innovative, and are always thinking of new ways that customers can utilize our Chrome devices. Partnering with Parallels, we are able to supply our customers with cross-platform solutions that allow us to provide more value than ever before,” says CTL CEO, Erik Stromquist."
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are the system administrator, then you can contact support at Support Portal.
If support options for Parallels Desktop for ChromeOS are not available to you at Support Portal, troubleshoot using KB 125132.
ChromeOS version 85 or later
Intel Core i3*, i5 or i7
AMD Ryzen 3**, 5 or 7
**Ryzen 3 5000 series
8GB of RAM
128GB or more
Google Admin console
Chrome Enterprise Upgrade or
Chrome Education Upgrade
Corporate storage server
See full system requirements and documentation here.FREE IT Licenses