The Parallels Desktop for Mac Tech Guarantee 2021
Customers who purchased and registered a copy of Parallels® Desktop 16 for Mac from the Parallels online store (parallels.com) or an authorized reseller between August 1 and September 30 are eligible for an upgrade to Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac at no charge, subject to certain conditions.
The conditions covering eligibility for an upgrade include:
- Upgrade to Parallels Desktop 17 at no additional cost if you purchased and registered Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac between August 1, 2021 and September 30, 2021
- Must be a qualifying product (see below)
- Must be purchased from an authorized retailer (see below)
Note: If you have a subscription for Parallels Desktop for Mac, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition or Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition, you can upgrade to the latest version with the license you own. Download and install Parallels Desktop 17 and use your subscription license for activation. A subscription enables you to upgrade to the latest version at no additional charge as long as your subscription is valid.
1. The following Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac products qualify for the Tech Guarantee:
- Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac Full Version
- Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac Upgrade
- Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac Student License
- Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Version when purchased together with hardware or other approved software products.
Product must be registered on or after August 1, 2021, and before or on September 30, 2021.
2. How do I receive my upgrade key?
For eligible customers who purchased and registered their product between August 1, 2021 and September 30, 2021, upgrade keys will automatically be added to your Parallels My Account. You will receive an automatic upgrade notification via email.
You should receive your upgrade key within 7 days after the new version of Parallels Desktop for Mac becomes available. The upgrade key will be sent to the email used to register your Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac license.
If you have not yet registered your copy of Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac, please register your key now to enable the system to create the Upgrade key for you.
3. The following Parallels Desktop for Mac products do not qualify for the Tech Guarantee:
- Trial versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac
- Licenses sold under the Volume License Program, Parallels Desktop for Mac Standard Edition subscription licenses, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition licenses and Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition licenses
- Not-for-resale (NFR) versions
- OEM versions that are purchased unlawfully without hardware or qualifying software
- Parallels Desktop for Mac versions purchased and registered before August 1, 2021 or after September 30, 2021
4. Non-authorized retailers and resellers include but are not limited to:
- Products purchased on eBay, Amazon Marketplace and sources that are not Parallels authorized resellers. For more information, please visit www.parallels.com/about/legal/reseller.
Please follow the steps above before contacting Parallels Customer Support. Key(s) will be automatically sent to your email address, so check your spam/junk folder. Please allow up to 7 business days for your key to be delivered.