Why you might want Windows on your Mac
Apart from getting most of the programs and features from the Windows operating system, there are many benefits to having multiple operating systems on your Mac. Some even believe that Windows runs better on a Mac. Here are a few benefits of having Windows on our Mac, using virtualization software like Parallels.
- Reducing Costs – You don't need two separate computers to use the different operating systems, saving you money.
- Saves Time – Without rebooting every time you want to run Windows on Mac, you reduce the amount of time spent booting up.
- Access to programs – You will have access to programs that are only available on Windows, including thousands of games.
- Doesn't take up storage space – When using virtualization software, Windows is not stored in any partition. It is a disk file that can expand as additional space is required.
- Switching programs – You can easily switch between Mac programs and Windows programs, like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Paint, Visual Studio, Internet Explorer, Outlook, and Teams. Since the Windows OS is running on a virtualization program, you can minimize the program to access Mac programs.
How to get Windows on Mac
Wondering how to get Windows on Mac? Well, there are two ways you can install Windows on Mac. You get to choose between virtualization software such as Parallels Desktop or Apple's Boot Camp, which is the official way of integrating Windows on your Mac. But we will be focusing on virtualization software, which has way more benefits than using Boot Camp.
How to get Windows 10 for Mac
- Step 1: Download and install the latest version of Parallels Desktop from their official website. Grant the permission the software requests when running the setup for it to function correctly.
- Step 2: If you have a separate installation of Windows 10, proceed to click the "Install Windows" button to start Windows installation. When the installation is complete, you can click anywhere on the virtual machine window to proceed.
- Step 3: Before you start tweaking and working on Windows OS. You need to create an account with Parallels or log in to your account if you already have one.
- Step 4: After accessing your account, you can now change the size and view of your Windows 10 virtual machine or configure any external devices to be shared with both Windows and Mac.
- Step 5: Once you have customized the Windows environment to your liking, you can start using and exploring Windows 10 on your Mac.
Virtualization software has improved on the drawbacks of Apple's Boot Camp. Now you don't have to partition your device, which most people never seem to get right. You also don't have to reboot every time you want to switch between the two operating systems. But while virtualization software has improved tremendously over the past ten years, speed is still an issue for some products.
Parallels Desktop for Mac is a fast, easy and powerful virtualization software that lets you run Windows on Mac without rebooting. Test the software out by visiting the Parallels official website to buy/download their free trial.