Parallels®’ Remote Application Server (RAS) single license model provides access to all capabilities, providing enterprise-range features such as application and desktop delivery with remote PC, RDSH and VDI, load balancing, multi-cloud ready, monitoring and reporting, FIPS 140-2 encryptions, and 24/7 customer support. It includes online licensing management, access to knowledge base and training materials.
As an all-in-one solution, Parallels RAS eliminates the complexity of evaluating which license best suits your business needs today and your future expansion plans.
Parallels RAS uses concurrent-user licensing. Users can establish any number of connections to Parallels RAS as long as the number of users simultaneously accessing Parallels RAS does not exceed the number of available licenses. Concurrent licensing is easier to administer as IT departments do not have to monitor usage as closely. An entire team can be empowered with only the number of licenses that are expected to be in use simultaneously—they will not require a license for every user.
Consider the following examples:
- One user, one device, one connection — one license is needed.
- One user, one or multiple devices, multiple connections — one license is needed.
- Multiple users, each establishing one or multiple connections — a license is needed for each user. When all licenses are used up, the next user will have to wait for one of the current users to log out from all sessions.
Licensing Parallels RAS with a prepaid subscription allows you to upgrade to a newer version whenever one becomes available.
- A subscription is purchased for a predefined period of time: either one year, two years, or three years.
- If a subscription is purchased online, it can be set to automatically renew when the subscription period ends by default.
- Subscriptions purchased through a reseller must be renewed through the reseller.
- Support is included in the cost of the subscription.
The Parallels RAS SPLA model is targeted to Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) who are already part of the Microsoft Service Provider License Agreement (SPLA) Program.
- It is licensed per peak number of concurrent users over a billing period.
- The data is automatically collected on a daily basis from each farm and is used to calculate the licensing cost at the end of a billing cycle.
- There are no upfront costs - you pay for licenses as you go, based on what you make available to your customers each billing period.
- When using SPLA you can activate multiple farms using a single license key, and track usage history for each farm in Parallels My Account.
- Access to latest product updates, knowledge base, training materials, and 24/7 customer support line.
By supporting sublicensing, Parallels RAS allows organizations to manage multiple independent keys while retaining centralized consumption information. Sublicenses allow an organization/service provider, for example, to provide company subsidiaries/customers with a Parallels RAS license for the number of users needed, and the license can be managed at any time. You can also use a sublicense for the activation of a test farm. A sublicense has its own license key used for activation and its own expiration date.
For further information please read our Licensing Guide.