Parallels Desktop for MacResources
- What's New in Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac
- Getting Started with Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac
- Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac User's Guide
- Parallels Transporter Agent User's Guide
- Parallels Desktop Pro Edition Command-Line Reference
- Parallels Python API Reference
- Parallels C API Reference
- Parallels Virtualization SDK Programmer's Guide
- Readme for SDK
See Parallels Desktop in Action
See some of the most popular features in Parallels Desktop 15.
System Requirements for Parallels Desktop 15
Supported Mac Configurations
To run most applications such as Microsoft Office, accounting, trading, SAP, Matlab and more
For graphics-intensive applications, high loads and running multiple virtual machines
|Processor||Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, Core i9, Intel Core M or Xeon processor||Intel Core i5, Core i7, Core i9 or Xeon processor|
|Memory||4 GB of RAM||16 GB of RAM or more|
|Storage||500 MB for Parallels Desktop application installation
Additional disk space for the guest operating system (at least 16 GB is required for Windows 10)
|Graphics||Intel, AMD Radeon or NVIDIA||AMD Radeon Pro graphics card|
|Operating System||macOS Catalina 10.15 (when released)
macOS Mojave 10.14
macOS High Sierra 10.13
macOS Sierra 10.12
|macOS Catalina 10.15 (when released)
DirectX 11 requires at least macOS Mojave 10.14 but works best on macOS 10.15 Catalina.
|Internet connection is required for product activation, updates and select features.|
Guest Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2019
Note: Parallels Desktop for Mac emulates PC hardware, so operating systems that are not present in this list can work as well. They are not on the list because we didn't test them in our lab yet or we found some critical issues. You can download the Parallels Desktop trial and install an operating system of your choice. If it doesn't work and you believe it should be supported, let us know at Parallels Forum.
Parallels Tools for Linux require X Window System version 1.15–1.20 and Linux Kernel version 2.6.29–5.1.
Moving Your PC?
PC system requirements to move your PC to your Mac (using Parallels Transporter Agent):
- 700 MHz (or higher) x86 or x64 processor (Intel or AMD)
- 256 MB of RAM
- 50 MB of available hard disk space for installation of Parallels Transporter Agent
- Ethernet or WiFi network adapter for migrating over network
- External USB drive for migrating via external disk
- Supported Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000 *
- * — To migrate Windows Vista or older, Transporter Agent from Parallels Desktop 13 should be used. Download the Parallels Transporter Agent.